Chorlton Whisky Bealach Ruadh 10 year Old


I found Chorlton whisky (chorltonwhisky.co.uk) after reading a post on Malt Maniacs FB group asking for independent bottler recommendations. After checking out the site, reading some positive reviews of the various bottlings on other blogs and being a sucker for the amazing label artwork I decided to take a punt on this Bealach Ruadh 10 year old. Luckily Master of Malt had stock and I had a Christmas gift voucher burning a hole in my pocket.


So where's this from? Google Maps might give us a clue:



Might be something in it though I've not (knowingly) had anything before from Caol Ila so can't really make a judgement,

Age Statement - 10 years
Cask - Bourbon Hogshead. Undiluted, uncoloured, unchilfiltered
Region - Islay
ABV 57.1%
Colour - White wine
Nose - Extinguished bonfire, charcoal, smoked malt, lemons, crushed gravel, mineral, wet stone. tar
Palate - Starts sweet, then lemon, more smoke, ash 
Finish - Soot and ash from last night's coal fire, hint of lemons again, cereal\barley 
Conclusion -  I'm glad I took a chance on this without trying a sample beforehand. Very, very good and dangerously moreish. This won't be the last bottle from Chorlton I end up buying.

Slainte

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bowmore - Vaults Secrets Tour

Tomatin - Distillery Hand Fill - Oloroso Cask 5221

Daftmill 2006 Winter Batch Release