BenRiach Curiositas 10 Year Old




Region - Speyside
Glassware - Norlan
Serving - Neat
Colour - Gold/Amber
Nose - Peat, heather honey, think i can pick up some grassy element. It's not overly complex.
Palate - Opens light and delecate then BOOM. Big peat hit, smokey but not a huge amount to my taste, very spicy, peppery.
Finish - Very medicinal and long. I get a strange hint of a newly opened plastic paddling pool (in a nice way if there is such a thing), old shed storing open tins of wood stain??
Conclusion - Nice, i like it. Not as in your face as an Islay peated malt, more subtle. For the price i paid (£31) it's a great deal.
Score - 84/100
Hopefully i have made some sense in my first review. I enjoyed spending time thinking about what i was nosing and tasting and actually jotting down my thoughts on the way. 
Slainte

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bowmore - Vaults Secrets Tour

Tomatin - Distillery Hand Fill - Oloroso Cask 5221

Daftmill 2006 Winter Batch Release